Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday No. 174: Future Threat, by Elizabeth Briggs




This is a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my choice for this week!



  Future Threat   
 (Future Shock, Book 2)
Hardcover, 272 pages
AW Teen
March 1, 2017
Romance, Science Fiction,
Young Adult Fiction 
   

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29506205-future-threat?ac=1&from_search=true





Six months ago, tech giant Aether Corporation sent Elena Martinez and a group of skilled teens thirty years into the future on a secret mission. Now the surviving time-travelers including Elena and her boyfriend, Adam are trying to get on with their lives back in the present. But Aether Corporation isn't done with Elena or her friends, and they've been drafted into another trip thirty years ahead to find other time-travelers who have gone missing. 




Why I'm waiting on this one!

I have just finished reading the first book in this new, VERY exciting series! It's titled Future Shock, and I absolutely LOVED it!!! In fact, when I finished reading it, I felt as if I had just seen THE MOVIE VERSION. And believe me, this book -- and, I'm sure, the entire series, as well -- has GOT to get to the big screen! That's because the book has a BADA** Hispanic heroine, the plot is HIGHLY intriguing,
and heck, ALL of the characters really ROCK!! Plus, they all have diverse backgrounds! Stay tuned for my review, which is coming very soon!! And I can't wait to read this sequel!!


The first book in the series!!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26722944-future-shock
 

 
What do you think of my choice?
Leave your link below, so I can
come check out your pick(s)!









12 comments:

  1. Is that then 60 years of time travelling? I love an author who writes visually, so you can totally *see* what they're talking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Verushka!

      Actually, in the first book they went forward thirty years, but then returned to the present. So I think that, in this second book, they again start from the present, and once more go forward the same thirty years.

      I agree -- I love authors who write visually, too! That's why I felt that I had watched a movie, after reading this book! But it's also because we REALLY get to know the characters. I felt as if I were right there with them, going through everything they went through.

      Bottom line, I have a new series to love!!!

      Thanks for commenting back!! Hope you have a GREAT day!! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. I still need to read Future Shock but I could immediately tell when I saw the cover what series it belonged to. Glad to hear you enjoyed the first one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Barb!

      Yes, the covers are consistent, which is something I love in a series!

      You've got to read this series, Barb! I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy it! "Future Shock" was totally 'unpudownable'!!!

      Thanks for the comment!! <3 :)

      Delete
  3. I've had my eye on Future Shock for awhile now and with this second one coming out, maybe I should move it up on my TBR pile. This sounds so good! Thank you for sharing, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Wendy!

      I think it's a great idea, moving "Future Shock" up on your TBR pile. This book is AMAZING!! I know you won't be able to put id down, once you start reading it!

      I first saw "Future Shock" on the blog A Belle's Tales, on which two of my blogging buddies write -- Michele and her daughter, Mckenzie. I'm SO glad I decided to jump in and read this novel!!

      You're very welcome for the share! Thanks for commenting!! <3 :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the first book too and have been anticipating the sequel. March seems so far away and that blurb has me hyped. Thanks for sharing. Hope we'll enjoy the second book once we get to read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shane!

      I'm SO glad you enjoyed "Future Shock", too!! Isn't it an AMAZING novel? I could NOT put it down! I KNOW we'll both LOVE the sequel, too!

      You're very welcome for the share! Thanks for commenting!! Happy Wednesday to you, too!! :)

      Delete
  5. I still need to get my hands on Future Shock! Nice pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lekeisha! Believe me, you'll REALLY enjoy this book!! So get it as soon as you can! Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Ronyell!

    I just saw this comment.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving your thoughts!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)