Friday, June 3, 2016

Book Blogger Hop No. 52: Replying to Blog Comments




Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop,
hosted by Billy @


For more information, click HERE.


What to Do

1.) Post on your blog answering this week's
question:

Do you reply to every comment
on your posts?

(submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

2.)  Enter the link to your post in the
Linky list on Billy's blog.

3.)  Visit other blogs on the list and
comment on their posts. 

4.)  Be sure to find out next week's
question when you visit
Ramblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer!


My Answer

I definitely do so; at least, most of the time. To me, this is a very important part of blogging. When one publishes a post, it's nice to see other bloggers' reactions to it. Even if a blogger comments to tell me that a book I'm featuring is not their cup of tea, I still appreciate the comment. It's their honest opinion, and therefore, valuable (as long as they express themselves politely). I think it's common courtesy to reply, with my reaction to what they've stated. I also thank them for their opinion, and the time they took to leave a comment. 

I also take the time to visit the commenters' blogs and comment back. This, too, is very important to me.  I strongly feel that I should return the favor. These types of interaction are what create a vibrant blogging community.

I can understand that not everyone has the time to both reply to comments left on their own posts, and then comment back on the blogs of those who have left the comments. Sometimes I do get bogged down myself, especially when I am holding a giveaway, and get lots of comments on the giveaway post. When this happens, I then only reply to the more meaningful comments. However, I may or may not go to their blogs and comment back. It all depends on my schedule. Besides, I've noticed that some people who enter giveaways don't have a blog that I can comment back on.

So I do my very best to reply on my blog, and also to comment back. Blogging is done in a community, so everything published on blogs is out there for others to read, reflect upon, and react to. I greatly appreciate it when I receive comments! I show my appreciation by replying, and returning the favor whenever possible, as I've explained above. I think it's great to interact with other book-addicted bloggers like me!   
 
  



What are your thoughts?
Please leave a comment,
and I'll go check out your post!







12 comments:

  1. I agree with all your points - I comment and reply to comments to engage with others and it's one of my favourite parts of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Emma!

      I'm glad you agree! Commenting on other blogs, as well as replying to comments made on one's posts, is a very important, as well as enjoyable, part of blogging. I think it's very sad when I visit a blog and see that posts either have no comments at all, or comments without replies from the blogger. Of course, one can get busy at times, but I think the effort should at least be made.

      Thanks for the visit and the comment!! Have a GREAT weekend!! :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, true. Waaa I'm guilty. Just not online much these days but I'm really trying my very best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kaori!

      Glad you agree! I guess that life sometimes gets in the way. If you're not online, then of course you can't comment or reply to comments. I hope you'll be able to get online more often!

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!! :)

      Delete
  3. I always comment. I like to have the interaction with other bloggers.

    It is fun to see what they have to say, and I always learn things.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Elizabeth!

      Yes, I think it's very important to comment, as well as to reply to comments, and also comment back, whenever possible. I, too, like the interaction with other bloggers!

      Thanks for commenting back! Happy Hopping to you, as well! Have a GREAT weekend!! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with everything you have said here, Maria. I have been a terrible commenter as of late. I haven't been able to keep up with many blogs. :-( I do try to reply to all the comments left on my blog, but sometimes it's not until days later. I also try to visit all the blogs of my commenters, but sometimes I am not able to do that. At least not in a timely fashion. All we can do is our best. I think we all know that life sometimes gets in the way and keeps up from fitting everything in. Book bloggers are a pretty understanding bunch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Wendy!

      I agree with this comment, as well. I don't always reply right away, as you've probably noticed at times. Nor do I always leave comments on my commenters' blogs right away, either. Life DOES get in the way. But, like you, I always strive to reply to comments left here, as well as to comment back on the bloggers' blogs, even if it's days later.

      I remember, a couple of years ago, leaving very nice comments on three blogs. On each one, I not only expressed my thoughts on the post in question, but also praised the bloggers for their blog designs. You know what? There was NO REPLY from any of these three bloggers. I felt very hurt..... Needless to say, I NEVER went back to comment on those blogs again!

      From time to time, I have received positive comments about my blog design. I have ALWAYS thanked those who have left such comments, and they have made my day!

      You're a very sweet lady, and that shows in the nice, thoughtful comments you have left on this blog. So, if you get behind now and then, no problem! I understand. You can get pretty busy, especially with that cute little girl of yours! :)

      And I also agree that we book bloggers are "a pretty understanding bunch", as you so well put it! Lol.

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a GREAT comment!! Hope you and your family have a TERRIFIC weekend!! :)

      Delete
  5. Great points Maria.

    I also try to answer all my comments as well as to comment back. When folks reciprocate like this, I think it helps tie our book blogging community together.

    I love the idea of exchanging ideas and initiating conversations in my comments section.

    As I sometimes blog about controversial subjects I expect and welcome contrary opinions in my comments section. If you recall there were some great conversations going on my post regarding religion. These conversations involved disagreements but they were one hundred percent civil and reasoned.Thus I enjoyed them and welcomed everyone's contribution. It was a nice contrast to the nastiness on Twitter!

    Have a great weekend Maria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian!

      Thanks for the support!! I'm glad you're one of those bloggers who replies to every single comment, and also comments back on the blogs of those who leave their thoughts on your own blog.

      As you've stated, we bloggers are part of a community. We don't blog in a vacuum! So of course commenting and replying to comments is a vital part of blogging! I have visited blogs with no replies to comments left. I've even checked to see if these bloggers have commented back on their commenters' blogs, and they haven't done that, either. Then what are they blogging for? Yes, they're putting their thoughts out there, but, without any mutual feedback, how do they continue to get motivated to create and publish more posts?

      As you know, I have from time to time gotten depressed at the scarcity of comments on my posts. On the other hand, if I were to get LOTS of comments on every single one of my posts, I don't know if I could keep up! Lol. But I really do feel down when I check a new post, and see no comments.....

      I love that you blog about controversial subjects! If everyone had the very same opinion, life would be no fun, would it? I welcome different opinions, too. As long as people remain civil, there's no problem. And yes, this is a VERY "nice contrast to the nastiness on Twitter!" Very well put! But some people don't seem to realize how much BETTER the world would be without such nastiness.

      I hope you have a great weekend, too!! Thanks for the FABULOUS comment!! : )

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi, Teri! I'm glad you do! Thanks for commenting back!! šŸ˜ƒ

      Delete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)