Friday, December 11, 2015

The 2015 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge!!





Welcome to The 2015 Christmas
Spirit Reading Challenge,
hosted by Michelle, @



Every year at this time, Michelle hosts 
this wonderful reading challenge,
which gives every Christmas addict
(and I count myself among those)
an opportunity to indulge in
the pleasant pastime of reading
Christmas books exclusively during
this beautiful, joyful, and sacred season!
(I'm joining in a little late this year....)
This is the sixth year of the challenge,
and I sure hope there will be
many more to come!

Here are the rules:
1.) The challenge will run from Monday,
Nov. 23, 2015, through
Wednesday, January 6, 2016.
(This is Twelfth Night, or Epiphany.)
2.) Crossover with other challenges
is totally permitted AND
encouraged!
3.) These must be Christmas novels,
books about Christmas lore,
books of Christmas short stories or poems,
books about Christmas crafts,
and, there's a children's 
Christmas books level, too!

Here are the levels:
1.) Candy cane: read 1 book
2.) Mistletoe: read 2 - 4 books
3.) Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books
(This is the fanatic level....LOL.)

Additional Levels
Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch of or a few
Christmas movies....it's up to you!
Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with
your children this season, and share
what you read.



Note
The additional levels are optional.
You must still complete one
of the main reading levels above.



Michelle has already posted 
a review Linky as a page on her blog.
You will find the link at the top
of the right sidebar on her blog.
She will also be hosting a giveaway!
Please visit her blog for more details,
as well as to add your blog's name
and URL to the signup Linky!!



Mistletoe Level

Below are the books I will attempt
to read this year. In fact, I 
have already started reading the first one.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26542575-the-christmas-bridge




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/397813.Snowed_In





I'd like to encourage you all to join this
great reading challenge!
It's certainly a great holiday tradition
for me by now,
and I'm hoping it will become one
for you guys, too!!









3 comments:

  1. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares sounds great--NYC, Christmas, and bookstores (not to mention literary clues!). Now I want to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jane!

      I was definitely attracted by the combination you mention! I think the plot concept is a very original one. And, of course, no REAL bookworm could possibly pass it up! Lol.

      As I'm reading, though, I'm having very mixed feelings about the book.....well, let's see how it goes....

      Thanks for commenting back!! : )

      Delete
  2. NOTE TO LATER VISITORS: I ended up changing my mind about the books I had previously decided to read for this challenge. The new titles are the ones above.

    Sorry for the confusion..... : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)