Friday, October 2, 2015

2015 Halloween Reading Challenge




I can't believe that Fall is already turning the nights cooler and shorter, and stores are bringing out Halloween costumes and spooky decorations! It's the time of year when shadows lengthen, and the moon looks very mysterious....

This year, I decided to check around and try to find a Halloween-themed reading challenge; I've never participated in such an event. Well, I found one, and I'm joining in!

Here are the rules of the challenge, as posted by the hosting blog,  Reading Every Season.



How the Halloween Reading Challenge Works:

  • This is a design-it-yourself challenge. I want you to choose your own reading goals. This is a low-pressure challenge meant to be fun.

  • The books can be horror, thriller, supernatural, mystery, or Halloween-themed. This means they should be about serial killers, murders, ghosts, demons, witches, monsters, vampires, etc. 


  • When you have reviewed a book, you are encouraged to come back to this post (at Reading Every Season) and add the link to your review in the comments.
Additional Rules:

  • This challenge runs Oct 1 - Oct 31.

  • You may sign up anytime during the challenge. 

  • I won't be creating different levels. Read as few or as many books as you want. 

  • You may include books of any format including traditional books, ebooks, or audiobooks. 

  • Books may be YA, adult, nonfiction, mystery, chick lit, romance, etc. but must be horror, thriller, mystery, supernatural, or subjects that have to do with Halloween. 

  • You may reread books. 

  • Books may count towards other reading challenges. 

  • Use the hashtag #Halloween2015RES

  • If you could be so kind, please place the Halloween Reading Challenge banner on your blog to help spread the word. 

  • Please link back to this blog (Reading Every Season), post about it on Facebook, Tweet about it, and so on to help spread the word.

  • You may sign up using your blog, YouTube channel, Goodreads, Twitter, etc.


So those are the rules! I really like the fact that there is no set number of books to read! This means there's no competition, and I really like the sound of that!



A Night's Dream of Books 2015 Halloween Reading Challenge List

 Since I'm not into heavy horror books
(such as those by Stephen King), 
the books I'll be reading will be in the
paranormal romance/urban fantasy genres.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7047941-vampire-academy




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2282133.Frostbite





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17230200-steadfast?ac=1





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18350798-menagerie?from_search=true&search_version=service





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12398199-dark-storm?ac=1



Be sure to sign up for the challenge at







8 comments:

  1. Hi Maria-

    I have participated in a few Halloween reading events in past years. These challenges are really a lot of fun.


    If I can finish up what I am reading now, I will try to squeeze in a book and join you but I will have to see if I have enough time to get a book finished in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Brian!

    Oh, it would be AWESOME if you were to participate! But I know how it is with reading time.... I don't know if I'll be able to read all of these books, but I will try. As you know, I'm a slow reader.

    There's another Halloween reading challenge I'm looking into, which I might join. A lot more blogs are participating in it. It's called the "RIP X" challenge. I'm not sure about joining it, though, because of the macabre title. However, since many more blogs have signed up, there might be a better chance of getting visitors and comments. And I'm sure I could use the same books for both challenges.

    Here's the link for this second challenge. (BTW, the hosts say that the letters stand for "Readers Imbibing Peril X'. Interesting, right?

    http://www.estellasociety.com/?p=1484

    Thanks for commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun with this challenge! I really love your taste in books, you got yourself a new follower :D

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Carla!

    Yes, I sure hope I do!

    I'm so glad you like my taste in books! I LOVE paranormal romance and urban fantasy, as well as YA!

    Thanks so much for the follow! I'm going to follow you back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing info about this on my blog comments over the weekend. I think I will plan on doing this. I am already participating in the R.I.P. challenge so it should be easy to accomplish this one as well. Thanks for sharing the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barb!

    You're very welcome for the share! I sure hope more bloggers sign up to participate, as I think this is a great challenge!

    Oh, you're participating in the R.I.P. challenge, as well? So am I, but with my other blog, MINDSPIRIT BOOK JOURNEYS! I'll go check out your R.I.P. post!]]

    Thanks so much for the nice comment!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a fabulous experience participating in this challenge, my friend! I can't wait to hear how it goes! You have chosen some fabulous books to read; three of those are on my TBR, and you know I loved Menagerie -- it's pretty dark so I'm excited/nervous/curious for your thoughts on that one! lol Enjoy! I can hardly wait for your thoughts on all of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Michele!

    I'm greatly enjoying this Halloween challenge! I've already read "Vampire Academy", and am now on "Frostbite". I think I'll move on to "Menagerie" after that, since you recently reviewed it, and so beautifully, too! So this has really piqued my curiosity about the book!

    "Steadfast: is the sequel to Claudia Gray's "Spellcaster", which I absolutely ADORED, because the magic spells in it are composed of selected memories combined together. Brilliant!! As for "Dark Storm", I've been a fan of Christine Feehan's Carpathians for a long time now!

    I don't know if I'll be able to fit in all these books, but I will sure try!

    Thanks for the lovely comment!! SUPER SQUIIIIIISHY HUGS!!!!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)