Friday, June 12, 2015

Feature & Follow Friday #3: Which book character would you like to be?




Welcome to Feature & Follow Friday!!

This weekly hop is hosted by  
Rachel @ Parajunkee's View, and 
Alison @ Alison Can Read!!


You can find the rules at the links above.
Join in the fun and make new blogging friends!


Every week, 1 or 2 new blogs 
are featured!


This week, there are no
featured blogs, but
there are character interviews,
so check them out above!




Here is this week's question:

If you could step into one
character's shoes (in a book),
and be that person for 
a day, who would it be, and why?
Also, if you want to be 
creative, what scene would 
you pick?

Contributed by

http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/


There are two characters that instantly came to mind in answer to this question: Jane Eyre and Hermione Granger. I'd love to be either one of them for a day!

I picked Jane Eyre because I greatly admire her determination, courage, and passionate nature. I also greatly admire her firm adherence to her values and principles, even in the face of great temptation to go against them.

Jane Eyre, to me, is a perfect combination of passion and intellectual excellence. She is also a feminist. Furthermore, she is not a shallow person at all. Her love for Rochester has nothing to do with his wealth; she sincerely values him as a person, and as a man. She disagrees very strongly with him on certain points, and firmly tells him so, but her love for him remains steadfast.

As for the scene I wish I could be in, it's the famous one in the orchard, when Jane finally declares her love to him, sarcastically telling him that, just because she's "plain, little, and obscure", that doesn't mean she is not capable of as much passionate love as he is. 








I admire my second choice, Hermione Granger, just as much as Jane! She too, is courageous, but her courage is directly related to dangerous magical adventures. She is also extremely resourceful; she can think on her feet whenever she and her friends are in the middle of a dire situation. She's also a very loyal friend to Harry and Ron, and is always up for solving mysteries. In addition to all this, she's as outspoken as Jane, and not afraid to stand up for her views. 

I have always thought that she should have been  Harry's girlfriend, as they are both heroic, both equally talented in magic. They would have been ideal partners in love as well as in battling evil forces!

I can't think of any favorite scenes for Hermione, though, as I read the books some time ago. In relation to this, I sometimes think that Rowling should have created a spinoff series, entirely about Hermione's adventures!








 Which book character would you like to be for a day, and why?



Next Week's Question

If you were to get a tattoo, what 
would it say or what would the graphic be? Or if you have a tattoo, share a picture and its meaning.

Contributed by


http://www.secondrunreviews.com/



These are my follow preferences.
The links are in my sidebar.







 Be sure to visit the rest of the
participating blogs!!
(View them, above, at the hosting 
blogs, as the Linky widget code is not
widely available this week.)

 

14 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/06/feature-follow-14-stepping-into-your.html

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems quite a few are picking Hermoine! Great choices! New Bloglovin follower :)

    Heres mine!
    http://www.littlepinkcrayon.com/feature-follow-friday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Casey!

    Yes, I've discovered, in going around to other blogs, that Hermione is a VERY popular choice!! But I'm not surprised! After all, she IS a really kick-butt heroine!!

    Thanks for the comment and the follow! I've already returned the favor!! HAPPY FRIDAY!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked a Harry Potter character too!! Who doesn't want to go to Hogwarts?! New GFC follower :D

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Tracy!

    I've seen Hermione mentioned on several blogs. Understandably, she's a very popular choice!

    Thanks for the comment and the follow! Heading over to your blog to return the favor!! HAPPY FRIDAY!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I love Hermione and I've also seen a lot of people picking her!

    New Bloglovin' and GFC follower!

    Here’s my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Maria.

    Jane Eyre is a superb pick. I agree with all your reasons for choosing her.

    I loved the Harry Potter films I think that I also agree about Hermoine. I must sheepishly admit to not having read the books yet. I know, I need to correct this oversight.

    Personally I find this to be very difficult question as so many great books involve protagonists who do not have an easy time at life. After a bit of thought I think that my choice would be Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. He is admirable in so many ways. He is known for his ethics, compassion, courage and intelligence. He also seems so well balanced when it comes to his personal and professional life. He seems to be the rare literary character who is both moral and happy, even in the face of adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sophie!

    Glad you liked my picks! Yes, I've seen that Hermione is very popular in today's post on quite a few blogs!

    Thanks for the comment and the folow! Heading over to your blog soon to return the favor!! Have a GREAT weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Brian!

    Oh, thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!

    As you know, Jane Eyre is one of my favorite female literary characters; I can relate to her on several levels, although I do think she has a much stronger personality than I do.

    As for Hermione, she has some similarities to Jane, but her story is not at all the same, of course. She has other types of obstacles to overcome. Like Jane, though, she's a very strong-willed character.

    I would have picked a male character, except that I do prefer to identify with females. On the other hand, I realize that there are universal qualities shared by men and women. Therefore, I wish I had thought of Atticus Finch, because he's DEFINITELY a heroic figure! I LOVE Atticus!! He's an AWESOME character, not only for his spectacular legal defense of Tom Robinson in that racist Southern town, but also because of his parenting skills, especially with his daughter, “Scout”. I saw the movie version of the book years ago, and I'll NEVER forget Gregory Peck's stellar performance! So KUDOS to you for picking Atticus!

    Thanks for another GREAT comment!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any of Austen's characters would be great to step into. Particularly Jane!
    http://www.thebookcove.com/2015/06/feature-and-follow-26-becoming-book_13.html

    Jessi, The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Jessi!

    I am especially fond of Jane, for all the reasons I mentioned in the post. She's just an all-around AWESOME character!

    Thanks for the visit and the comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with Hermione! She's just...perfect.
    And yes, I'd love to have a spin-off series about here too. Wouldn't that be great? :)
    Her eagerness to learn is so admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Fhina!

    I'm glad you liked Hernione as one of my choices. And I agree -- she's always so eager to learn. It's also great that you like my idea of a spinoff series featuring her!

    Thanks for the nice comment, and for commenting back!! : )

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)