Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #72: The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson




This a weekly event hosted by
It showcases future releases which
we book bloggers are eagerly anticipating!!


Here's my pick for this week!




(Fire and Thorns #3)
Rae Carson
Hardcover, 400 pages
Greenwillow Books
August 27, 2013
Fantasy, Romance, Young Adult Fiction


From the Goodreads Synopsis

The epic and deeply satisfying conclusion to Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns trilogy.

Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion-a champion to those who have hated her most. Riveting, surprising, and achingly romantic, Rae Carson has spun a bold and powerful conclusion to her extraordinary trilogy.




I have the first volume of this series,
but....I have yet to read it.
Since I'm a die-hard bookworm
and bibliophile,  I'm always buying
and buying books that I don't
seem to have the time to read....
although I keep telling myself that
someday, I will read every single one!!
This is a seriously beautiful fantasy series
that has been praised by the
likes of Tamora Pierce, which, to me,
is a pretty hefty recommendation!
So of course I'll get all the books...
and I swear I'll read them!!!


 
Purchase Links
What fascinating book(s)
are you breathlessly
anticipating this week?








11 comments:

  1. I haven't started this series yet, but hear good things.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to start it myself! I love all the covers, as well as the plot summary for each one!

      I like your WOW pick, too!!

      Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally understand your problem with buying more books then you could possibly read! I have made a major effort to control myself over the last few years. Still it is a problem. Due to the time that it takes to finish a book, it does make me think just how much information is contained in just every single one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think this is EVERY bookworm's problem....we just can't get enough books! And no, there's not nearly enough time to read them all, but still we continue to buy them... Every time I see an interesting book, whether it's fiction or nonfiction, I HAVE to buy it! I can't pass it up. I know -- I've tried!! On many occasions, I've been tough with myself, and not bought a particular book, whether online or at a bookstore. Well, guess what?! I just couldn't get the book out of my mind, and eventually ended up giving in and buying it!! Lol. Does this sound familiar?

      This is why I love the Borges quote on my blog: "I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." Oh, yeah!!!! While others fly around and play their harps of gold, I'll be sitting on a cloud reading, and surrounded by heavenly books!!! Hee, hee!! :)

      Delete
  3. I have the first book checked out right now, but haven't started it yet. I've heard great things about the series, too. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too, have the first book, and still haven't read it. As the famous Frank Zappa saying goes: "So many books, so little time..."

      I'm happy you like my pick! Thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  4. Gahh I still need to start this series. It sounds amazing. Lovely pick.

    New follower.


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it DOES sound amazing!! And those covers are ALL works of art!!

      I love your WOW, too! Thanks for commenting and following back!! :)

      Delete
  5. The Bitter Kingdom sounds nice and I really like the cover. Great pick, Maria! :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarika!

      I want to read the entire trilogy! I already have book one, and now have to get books 2 and 3. And yes, that cover is GORGEOUS!!

      You're very welcome for my visit to your WOW. Thanks for commenting back!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Aman!

    Yeah, I really want to start this series!! Maybe I'll be able to this year....I don't know. I have SO many books to read!!

    You're welcome for my visit! Thanks for commenting back! :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)