Saturday, January 12, 2013

Shelf Candy Saturday #51: Tiger's Destiny, by Colleen Houck






Welcome to
Shelf Candy Saturday!!


This weekly meme/blog hop, hosted here,
features beautiful book covers!


If you'd like to participate, just grab my button (or create your own), write your own post, and link up in the Linky widget at the bottom of this post. (You have to click on "Read more" so that the entire post will open up.)

As a bonus, you can include information on the artist, designer, and/or photographer, but it's not required. You can simply feature a cover and explain why you love it!



Here's my choice for this week!





(The Tiger Saga, #4)
Hardcover, 464 pages
Splinter
September 4, 2012
Fantasy, Young Adult Fiction





Why do I love this cover?

Although this image does look rather terrifying, it's also a very dynamic, powerful one.  The myth of the Phoenix, rising from its ashes, comes to mind here. 

I love the swirling colors flowing all over the cover -- they lead the eye from one part of it to another.  The patterns at the top corners are intricate and beautiful, and they appear in a different form within the main picture, as well.  The interesting thing is that they are reversed, from positive to negative.

The stylized font goes perfectly with the cover image, and it has some of the powerful grace of the letters of the Sanskrit alphabet.  This is very appropriate, because all the novels in this series take place mostly in India, and Sanskrit is the language of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, which are the major ancient Indian religions. 






The brilliant artist who created
this stunning cover is
Cliff Nielsen!

I have featured this artist before,
but I just couldn't help doing so again,
because he's created so many
gorgeous covers!
He's definitely one of my favorite
cover artists! 



For more information about this artist:











What do you think of my choice?
What beautiful cover(s)
are you featuring this week?











14 comments:

  1. Creepy bird! I like it! I also like the texture of the yellows behind it.

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jen!

    Yeah, I know...it IS kinda creepy. Normally, I wouldn't have featured something like this. But the overall design is so GORGEOUS, I simply had to! The colors are incredible, and those patterns are, too. So I just HAD to feature this one!

    Thanks for commenting and participating!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and joining our Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop. Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I'd never seen the cover for this one! It is GORGEOUS! Honestly though, all the covers in this series are really pretty imho :) I still haven't read book 1 of the Tiger series, but every time I walk by my bookshelf, it taunts me >.<

    Thanks for spotlighting this cover & artist Maria! All the best for 2013 :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great cover!

    In addition to everything that you pointed out, the artist really captures motion in this image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Nekky!

    You're very welcome!! And thanks for following me back, because I'm also following your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Micheline!

    Yeah, all of the covers for this series are AWESOME. I guess I picked this one because it looks more...dynamic, I guess. But this artist is just INCREDIBLY talented!!

    You're very welcome for the cover & artist spotlight, as well as for my visit to your blog, which, by the way, is DEFINITELY one of my faves!!

    Hope you have a WONDERFUL 2013, as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Brian!

    Oh, I totally agree!! The bird does indeed seem to be moving!!

    Thanks for commenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series has such beautiful covers. Have you read it? I'm tempted to try just because of the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Vonnie!

    No, I have to admit I haven't read it yet...but would you believe I have all the books? As the saying goes, "So many books, so little time." Lol. And yes, these covers are GORGEOUS. I think this one is my favorite, though, because the image is such a dynamic one.

    Thanks for commenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi thanks for linking up with us at Welcome To The Weekend Hop :) new follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Claire Justine!

    You're very welcome, and thanks for the welcome, as well as your comment and follow! Looking forward to linking up every weekend from now on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's an awesome choice for a book

    ReplyDelete
  14. Archaznable:

    Thank you!! Glad you like my pick! Thanks for the comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)