Saturday, January 19, 2013

Shelf Candy Saturday #52: Destiny, by Gillian Shields





Welcome to
Shelf Candy Saturday!!


This weekly meme/blog hop, hosted here,
features beautiful book covers!


If you'd like to participate, just grab my button (or create your own), write your own post, and link up in the Linky widget at the bottom of this post. (You have to click on "Read more" so that the entire post will open up.)

As a bonus, you can include information on the artist, designer, and/or photographer, but it's not required. You can simply feature a cover and explain why you love it!



Here's my choice for this week!
  


(Immortal #4)
Hardcover, 384 pages
Katherine Tegen Books
July 31, 2012
Paranormal Romance, Supernatural Fiction,
Young Adult Fiction


Why do I love this cover?


In this particular case, it's definitely a "no brainer".  All that luscious, incredibly beautiful blue.... (Well, actually, it's more of an aqua, since there's a slight greenish tint to it, but still.)  Of course I was going to love this image!!

The fact that the color is not the same intensity all over the cover makes it all the more attractive, as well.  It starts out very light, and gradually gets darker toward the bottom of the cover.  However, the necklace and pendant are completely illuminated, even though the pendant is completely surrounded by a darker shade of blue towards the bottom of the cover.  This gives them a magical, other-worldly quality.

The dazzling brilliance at the top of the cover evokes thoughts of heaven, as well as the world above the surface, since this obviously a watery image.  The depths of what might be a lake or river are, of course, also evoked by the darker tones of blue.

The white feathers might refer to angels, and this is something I'd love to find out for sure!  That's why I have this book on my TBR list.  I love how the designer has placed the feathers around the necklace and pendant.  Also, there are two small feathers inside the pendant itself.  This could only mean one thing: this lovely, crystalline pendant is meant as a memento, a token of love from an angel, given to a human woman.  At least, the romantic in me would like to think so...

Since this lovely book is not yet in my possession, I have no idea who created this beautiful, serene, cover.  If I do find out who was responsible for this absolutely gorgeous cover art, I will come back and put in all the information I find.  Meanwhile, I invite you all to admire this lovely image, and wonder what the story behind the cover holds....






What do you think of my choice?
What beautiful cover(s)
are you featuring this week?









4 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous blue/aqua! I love the feathers fluttering around too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I do not know what the book is about, It is also a very positive uplifting cover.

    I am also amazing as to what an artist can do with only a couple of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jen!

    Glad you agree that this is a GORGEOUS cover!! I love the feathers, too!!

    Thank you so much for participating in and commenting on Shelf Candy Saturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Brian!

    I need to find out who created this BEAUTIFUL cover, because it's true -- there are only two colors here (several shades of aqua, and white), and yet, this IS indeed an amazingly effective design!

    Thanks for always commenting on my Shelf Candy Saturday posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)