Sunday, March 25, 2012

On My Bookshelves #21




My Sunday book meme
highlights books that I own,
but have somehow never gotten to,
as well as those wonderful books
I would love to re-read!!




Here are my picks
for this week!





 (House of Comarré #1)
Mass Market Paperback, 418 pages
Orbit
October 1, 2011
Genres: Paranormal Romnce, Urban Fantasy


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarré—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world…and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.


This is the first volume of a series
I've heard so much about!! 
So I went ahead and bought this one,
to see whether all the hype was justified!
If I don't like it, then I won't
be reading the other two, of course.
I might then hold a giveaway
for this book.
Hopefully, though, I'll love it!







(Vampire Trilogy #2)
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Zebra Books
February 1, 2003
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Edward Ramsey has spent his life hunting vampires. Now he is one of them. Yet Edward's human conscience - and his heart- compel him to save beautiful Kelly Anderson, and soon their growing love is his reason for living. And as the ancient, stunning and merciless vampire Khira seeks supremacy among Los Angeles' undead, Edward and his former nemesis Grigori Chiavari must unite to stop her - before the city, and everything they cherish, are in her power...





(Vampire Trilogy #3)
Amanda Ashley
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Zebra Books
February 1, 2006
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy


From the Goodreads Synopsis

Vicki Cavendish knows she should be careful. After all, there's a killer loose in town - one who drains women of blood, women with red hair and green eyes just like her. She knows she should tell police about the dark, gorgeous man who comes into the diner every night, the one who makes her feel a longing she's never felt before. The last thing she should do is invite the beautiful stranger into her house...


After Stephenie Meyer, this writer is
my favorite vamp romance author!
Allthough the quality of her novels
is not always the same,
overall, I love her characters and
how she deals with the whole vampire
mythology, creating very believable worlds,
and vampires who struggle
against their dark nature in order to
protect those they love.

I have read the first volume in
this series,
which is titled Shades of Gray.
Even though that novel is not one of
my favorite Ashley books,
I do want to continue the series!!





1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Hop! I added it to my Blog Hop Directory! I now have a button that links to the directory. I would love it if you would come grab it!

    Aloha! Mrs. Marine
    & the Tiny Troops

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)