Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #2: Cascade, by Lisa T. Bergren





This is a weekly book meme, hosted 
by Jill @ Breaking the Spine,
which features future releases that 
we book bloggers
are eagerly anticipating!



Well, here's my second W.O.W.!!
I'm very excited about the book I have chosen
for this one!
It's the second volume in the 
River of Time trilogy!!


I recently won the first book, Waterfall,
which I discovered through
a combination giveaway/author interview
hosted by Katy

This series of books is a heady combination
of romance, adventure, and time travel!
The first novel, which I devoured, 
introduces the protagonist, Gabriela Betarrini,
who, together with her sister Lia,
is accidentally thrown back
to the Italy of the 14th century.

You can check out my review of Waterfall HERE.

And now, this is the second book in the series!




Cascade
Trade Paperback, 416 pages
Published by David C. Cook
Reading Genre: Young Adult, Christian
Release date: June 1st, 2011


Synopsis

In this second installment, Gabi persuades
 her sister and mother to return to the 14th century,
where Gabi's love, Marcello, waits for her
at Castle Forelli.
The enemies of Marcello's family want to kill
both sisters, for, thanks to their
heroic actions, the tide has turned
against the city of Florence,
in its long struggle with the city of Siena.

Gabi must also come to a heartbreaking decision:
will she leave her family 'behind',
in the 21st century,
in order to stay with the love of her life,
in Italy's past?



Having already been swept away by the 
first novel in this series,
I can hardly wait for the release of this one,
which is already just one week away!!

And all these books have such 
beautiful covers, too!!


For more information about Cascade,
as well as to 
purchase a copy, just click
HERE!!





6 comments:

  1. Awesome pick!! That sounds very interesting. I've never read the first book. I'll have to check it out.

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Erida!

    Yes, the first book was TERRIFIC! Do check out my review. I highly recommend this series!

    Thanks for the visit and the comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, so sorry for the typo,...I'm typing this at work, so I'm a bit rushed....Also, I'll be sure to visit your site soon! Thanks again! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very interesting! I'll have to check out the first one.
    I'm a new follower.
    Take care,
    Brie
    Romance Around the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Brie!

    Yeah, do check out the first one. This is a TERRIFIC series!!

    Thanks for the comment and the follow! I'm heading on over to your blog! :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice. :) I am your newest follower from WoW. Please head on over to my blog to follow me back whenever you have some time, thanks!

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THIS IS NOW AN AWARD-FREE, AND TAG-FREE BLOG. Thanks for the compliment, though! : )

As of today, 9/23/18, I have permanently enabled comment moderation, due to a sudden rash of SPAM comments. I appreciate your patience!

Thanks for your thoughts on my posts! I always reply here, as well as comment back on your blog. Have a WONDERFUL day!! :)